Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dinner for Anders

Danish ceramic artist Anders Ruhwald came to Cranbrook this week to lecture and meet with us. Michelle Lee and myself, both admitted kitchen control-freaks, decided to collaborate on a meal for him. I produced a set of handbuilt porcelain dinnerware for a 4-course meal, and a menu was designed around the dishes.




Small Plate: Roasted root vegetables, herbed chevre fritter.
Homage to Effie Ophelia



Small Plate II: Tuna sashimi, twice fried Japanese eggplant,
wasabi aoli (Notice Michelle's handmade chopsticks)




Main: Panko dusted grouper, green apple licorice,
jalapeno & sesame seeds, beet stem



Sweet: Pound cake, passion butter, raspberry, aromatic bitters, fennel


3 comments:

George + Michelle + Leela said...

Brian, That was really fun cooking with you last night even though I was a zombie after a long trip back from Aussie land. I was happy that you liked what I brought back from Sydney. Wasn't that passion butter to die for?!

Tony G said...

Looks delicious! You can cook for me anytime!

chocolatebooks said...

Oh my gosh...I miss watching you create masterpiece desserts!! "I need two honey lavender creme brulees, and a pot de creme!" :)